Friday 4 March 2016

Bento2016#Mar04~Pooh/Hinamatsuri/Goldfish/Miffy

Good day everyone! Here I am to update my weekly bentos and I hope you like it ^_^ 

Day1: 29/2/16 (Monday)

Winnie The Pooh
On Monday, I made Winnie the Pooh rice popsicles ^_^ I have Pooh bear rice mould so pretty easy to shaped it. To made the rice yellowish simply add boiled egg yolk to mixed the rice and I used half of the boiled egg only for this bento. The other half boiled egg went to my son's lunch box :D
I added some chicken floss for each Pooh rice popsicle and filled up with nori details on top. To made it cuter I added bee foodpicks too! As for side dishes have pea sprouts, gyoza, grapes and chilli sauce (small container)

Day2: 01/03/16 (Tuesday) 

Goldfishes
On Tuesday, I made used of the cherry tomatoes to create goldfishes ^_^ Most of the bento-ers will know how to made and I must thanks to the first person who created this awesome creative idea. I'm sorry that I've no idea who started first but you can easily learn it from Youtube (that's how I know after saw from others). 
Filled up the rice into the thermos and add on the goldfishes on top (Be sure to have enough level to cover up, you wouldn't want to pressed the goldfishes flat when your kids open it) Designed with cheese for the eyes & mouth (I used two different sizes of straws) To made "blue" background, I used one blue pea flower petal soaked at hot water then tap them surrounding area of the rice.
For side dishes have sesame chicken drummets, broccoli, tamagoyaki and some fruits.

Day3: 02/03/16 (Wednesday)

Hinamatsuri
On Wednesday, I created my 2nd attempt of Hinamatsuri Bento. I cooked some pasta and to decorate the theme characters, below will be my ingredients:
  • Fish ball : Cut half for each Emperor & Empress face
  • Nori/seaweed : Freehand scissor cut out to add on as hair
  • Japanese cucumber : Emperor body
  • Tamagoyaki : Empress body
  • Carrot : Fan/Flowers (to made holes simply used a small hole straw)
For side dishes have beef patties (mayo on top) and some kiwi fruits with grapes.

Day4: 03/03/16 (Thursday)

Miffy
On Thursday, I wanted to make another Hinamatsuri theme bento for my girl since it's the actual day but my girl prefers other character ^_^ Well, I know my girl likes to bring thermos lunch box so I made "MIFFY". To made Miffy, I used fish ball again for the face and ears. Tamagoyaki for Miffy yellow dress instead of using crabstick for red dress :) 

For side dishes have dark sweet sauce chicken drummets, broccoli and some frutis.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for spending some time to read my blog and leave some comments....loved to hear from you!! Hugs & cheers!